Extend the life of your Caterpillar equipment. Thompson Machinery offers Caterpillar Certified Rebuilds or Certified Power Train Rebuilds. When most competitive models would require replacement, Cat equipment can be rebuilt to deliver a cost-effective “second life."
CAT Machines…. BUILT TO BE REBUILT
To extend the life of your equipment, Thompson Machinery offers the Caterpillar Certified Rebuild or Certified Power Train program. Thompson Machinery has done over 50 Certified Equipment or Power Train Rebuilds for our customers. Following strict Caterpillar guidelines and using genuine Caterpillar parts, we completely disassemble a machine and rebuild it. You get a like new machine, with warranty backed by Caterpillar, at a fraction of the cost of buying new. When most competitive models would require replacement, Cat equipment can be rebuilt to deliver a cost-effective “second life."
• Restores machine to like-new performance
• More than 350 tests and inspections, including turbocharger boost, throttle response, stall speed rpm, transmission and steering clutch response, hydraulic and pilot relief valve pressures
• Automatic replacement of approximately 7,000 parts, including hoses, belts, seals, gaskets, bearings, knobs, wiring, switches, and gauges
• Examination, straightening, reinforcing, and welding of frames
• Replacement of worn linkage pins and shaft bearings
• Reconditioning of hydraulic systems, engine, transmission, and torque converter
• Critical engineering improvements and updates
• Repainting of machine
• New identifying graphics
• Like-new standard warranty and extended power train warranty coverage
• New machine serial number
Certified PowerTrain Rebuild
• Restores power train to like-new performance.
• Covers radiator, engine, transmission, torque converter, final drive, and axle.
• Approximately 200 tests and inspections of power train components.
• Replacement or reconditioning of approximately 3,000 parts, including power train electrical switches, sensors, sending units, electronic control modules, engine wiring harnesses, bearings, gaskets, seals, and coolant hoses.
• Critical engineering improvements and updates.
• Extended power train warranty coverage.