Continuous Available Power
You need electricity to keep your operations running. Without power, production stops. Just a glitch in normal power and sensitive computer equipment can be damaged and manufacturing processes interrupted. Power protection is critical for ongoing productivity.
Thompson Power offers a complete range of generator sets, engines and other power equipment items. Specializing in high quality, used generator sets, we have more than 40 units ranging up to 1750 kW available, as well as various sizes in transfer switches.
Business applications that benefit from Caterpillar power protection systems include:
Continuous process manufacturing such as plastics, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- Information technology providers including data centers, call centers and broadcast companies.
- Critical services including hospitals and emergency response centers.
- Government entities including schools and universities, mass transit systems and public utilities.
The Caterpillar UPS provides continuously available power to ride through disturbances and cleanses and conditions power from the source. Like other UPS systems, the Caterpillar UPS works by storing enough energy to ride through power disturbances such as dips or surges in voltage and/or current. Match the UPS with a Caterpillar generator set to provide long-term backup during an outage or extended power reliability situation. Utilizing kinetic power cell technology, the Caterpillar UPS has many advantages over traditional static UPS systems and can avoid the inherent problems with conventional battery UPS systems. Among these advantages:
- Size and Installation - Requires only ¼ of the floor space of a static UPS system
- Maintenance - Requires only minimal upkeep and periodic air filter changes
- Reliability - Field-proven mechanical energy storage is predictable and fail-safe
- Longevity - Nearly unlimited life with no fall-off in performance
- Energy Efficiency - 96 to 97 percent efficient
- Temperature - Broad operating temperature range
- No Batteries
Thompson can help with your complete power protection system development. Thompson provides a full range of project management and engineering services. We can also assist with site installation and start up requirements. Let Thompson Power deliver a power protection system designed and built for your needs.
For more information, contact:
In Middle Tennessee...
Gary Janke (LaVergne, TN)
Office: (615) 259-5813
Mobile: (615) 218-3713
In West Tennessee and Northern Mississippi...
Kip Lemons (Memphis, TN)
Office: (901) 344-5673
Mobile: (901) 568-8494